Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, February 23, 2009

Here comes 30...ready or not

Alright people...it's time for a new blog, I suppose. I've been a busy little bee, so any "free" time is spent sleeping. But I guess it's time for a comeback.

I've dubbed this the last week of my 20's. I'm sad. So sad, in fact, I think I cried a little in my car on the way home today. I've tried to get in shape to ring in the coming of my 30's, but by body had other plans. I joined a gym about 6 weeks ago, and have gained a total of two pounds. I blame this on my body thinking it's already 30.

After 45 minutes on the elliptical machine, I walk my jelly legs over to the weights (grabbing every machine on the way, just so I don't fall). I do this 4 days a week, and have 2 extra pounds to show for it. Can you feel the evil squint in my eye?

It's a nice gym...women only. That in itself makes it worth any money, but it's cheap too, so I get my cake and eat it too. Mmmmm....cake....

I digress...

I haven't planned ANYTHING for my big day. I thought of going to a technology training at school in the morning, but that seems kind of lame. I even thought about buying myself a set of bagpipes, but I suppose I should wait until I'm a little better. Wow, I haven't even written since I started learning the pipes...that's sad. Well, now you know. I'm learning the bagpipes. They're awesome.

Well, me being almost 30 and all, I guess I'll go to bed now...not quite 8 yet. Seems appropriate.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Happy almost birthday! I've missed reading your posts...bagpipes? You will have to tell more!

My solution to getting older? Hang out with people older than you. Then by the time you get there it is no big deal...

Take care!

Jessi said...

Bagpipes? Ok, so where's the oboe I've been wanting to learn? I know you can get me one!

I didn't have time to cry at my 30th. I was too busy packing for my 'round the world trip.

But yes, it definitely helps to hang out with somewhat older people. Cause they'll always be older than you. My big problem right now is going, "I should have had kids in my 20's cause I'm going to be OLD when they are 18!" But I'll cry when that happens.

Jessi said...

Oh! And I'm pregnant and I don't even go to bed at 8pm.


I go at 9pm.

Heh

Jessi said...

Ok, one more thing, Justin says you have to learn the following (to play for him):
the Baritone Song
Amazing Grace
Danny Boy

You can come up for the baby-celebration day and play for us. You'll be off school, what else are you going to do?

Get practicing!