Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Week at a glance

I turned 30 last week. I didn't burst into flames. I didn't grow a new wrinkle. I only cried a little. I have gained a couple pounds, but I'm going to blame that on the new decade old I am, not the whole bag of Tortilla chips I ate. It was pretty uneventful...and I was okay with that.

TAKS test was on Tuesday (in case you aren't a teacher and didn't know). The longest day of our lives. The day where you get no planning period, no recess, silent lunch (have to eat with the kiddos too), and you get to do absolutely nothing while the kids take the test. We aren't even permitted to read. Constant monitoring is expected. I was so bored, I did manage to read my TAKS manual. It was fascinating...really.<----sarcasm

We found out our fire marshall is coming next week. As PTO president I was told to clean up the area behind the stage...it's PTO stuff. We have about 6 billion easter eggs back there. Wal-Mart donated them after Easter last year, but we're not allowed to celebrate at school so that was a wash. If you need any easter eggs or coloring for eggs, let me know. I can hook you up.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

FCAT is next week. Last year I somehow managed to get Adam Sandler's "Chanukah Song" stuck in my head as I was proctoring. I think that may be some form of torture...

Jessi said...

What about an oboe? Got one of those just laying around behind the stage?

Happy 30th by the way. It was so uneventful that I didn't even call you :( Damn this pregnancy brain!

Mine was uneventful too. My in-laws thought I was turning 30 THIS year. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. They also think my birthday is on the 26th.