Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Saturday, April 4, 2009

We have a piper DOWN!

Have I told you I'm learning the bagpipes?! I started the last week of January, and I think I'm coming along quite nicely. I'm a bit competetive by nature when it comes to music, so I make sure I'm the best in the beginner class. I feel like I've reverted back to beginner band circa 1989. I was sweet but vicious when it came to the chair tests.

Playing on the practice chanter is not as easy as it looks. It looks like an anorexic recorder, but sounds much nicer. We get to look at getting the real pipes when we've mastered the basics. I'm determined to become master of all things bagpipe. The only thing is paying for the stinking things. Of course buying pipes is like buying any other instrument. The more you pay, the better quality you get...unless you know where to get them. I play the trumpet. I know where to buy a trumpet for a good price. Bagpipes = Greek. Well, actually they're Scottish, but you get the picture.

My Easter gig better be paying really well this year.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

haha! I remember those chair tests.. and how we would practice OUTSIDE during RECESS!!! OMG.. I really can't believe we did that...

Jenny said...

Chair tests...those were the days! Do you have to fake the signature on your practice card, too?

(By the way, I think video of this is needed!)

Anonymous said...

I DO have video of Heather and Lindsay playing flute/trumpet. So bad--but so good!--Donna Bennett

Heather said...

Noooooooo!

crayonmommy said...

uh, yes. i want to witness this. you could also get a return on your bagpipe investment by going down to S.A. during music convention and playing in front of the convention center! ha ha ha