Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, March 7, 2011

Dieter for life

Every 6 weeks or so, I have an appointment with a dietitian...and I can't believe I actually paid money to this person. I suppose it's kind of like going to a Weight Watchers meeting, without the group support. Why don't I just go to a Weight Watchers meeting? I don't know, but this dietitian hates Weight Watchers...mua ha ha ha ha! I feel like I'm doing something naughty by doing WW too, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.



So my dietitian wants me to keep a food journal. I don't even keep up with blogging about my life. What makes him think I'm going to write down EVERYTHING I eat? And every time I go see him I have to lie about pretty much everything. Not that I'm NOT doing what he's asking, but I have no idea how much protein is in the casserole I made last night.



Here are the questions I get asked every 6 weeks:



D: What are you doing for exercise?

Me: Zumba, Walking, Other Workout DVDs.



D: Are you using resistance bands?

I always lie and say yes. He's very testy about this, so I just lie. I know, I'm bad.



D: How many calories do you take per day?

Me: About 1300-1400. I actually have no idea. When I use to write everything down, this was what it was. I just don't care to write anything down again...ever.



D: How much protein?

Me: 50-60 grams. He keeps ragging on me about my low protein intake...LOW? Seems like a lot to me!



D: Are you drinking enough water?

I'm so sick of these stupid questions. Do people actually tell the truth? Again, I lie so I don't get him on his soapbox.

Me: At least 60 ounces.



I've told him before about my water situation, but he doesn't care. As a teacher it's difficult (impossible) to give yourself bathroom breaks throughout the day. My only time off is first thing in the morning. After 9:15 if I need a restroom break, it's "so sorry, no time". Needless to say I don't drink ANYTHING during the school day. But it's ALL I drink on my way to work and after school. I pretty much gave up cokes.



So since my last appointment 6 weeks ago, I had only lost 2 pounds. I was pretty stinkin' proud of those 2 pounds. He just kept telling me how much more I could have lost had I drank more water, and upped my protein, and not had that one cookie I let myself have at that baby shower. I think he does it on purpose to piss me off at him enough to lose the weight to spite him. That's pretty much how I feel now. He is the devil.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Well I'm no expert, but I've loved WW when I've done it and I think it's a very realistic "lifestyle change" (not a diet). I say, lose the dietitian! He's supposed to be helping you, not making you feel bad! Hugs!!

Cerrasponda said...

Wait, your doctor hates WW but they want you to keep a food journal and check in a lot....that's exactly what WW is for! I never found success until I readlly honestly opened up and tried WW, and really learned what they were saying.

You can eat anything you want, as long as you are aware and recording what you eat. Also, I learned LOADS of nutrition there. So I'd dumb the quack, sounds like they're just stealing your money if you're going to both.

You don't "diet for life" you change your habits slowly, until you just live better.
best of luck with everything.

Tarang said...

Thank you for a awesome article.You have given me some ideas and a different way to to write articles.

Thanks
vCommissionLead Generation Advertising

Sherlyn Chouhan said...

Amazing blog! I read some of your articles and they are amazing. Keep up with the good work.

Thanks
Affrise Media - Affiliate network in India