Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, January 7, 2008

Today's thoughts

I was noticing how exciting my life has become while I was matching socks this afternoon. As much as I hate matching socks, I get this strange excitement when I find two that happen to match. I still have a small laundry basket that is forever full of unmatched socks. Where did their mates go? I think there was a time once since I've been married that I had ALL the socks washed, but still a basket of singles. Why do I keep them? Because some day that mate just might turn up, and be the highlight of my day.

Going to the grocery store this morning was also on my list of exciting things to do today. I decided to boycot Wal-Mart for a while and opted for the slightly more expensive Kroger. But I did have my Grocery Game list and coupons in hand, so I don't feel too bad driving the extra 5 miles.

Since I've been unemployed, I've had a lot of time to do the things I "didn't have time to do" when I had a job, like match socks or putting away the Easter decorations from last year. I wonder how long it will take me to finally put away the Christmas stuff that's still littering my home. I may get to it by February.

3 comments:

crayonmommy said...

that sock thing is SO TRUE. Its kinda creepy wondering where they all go -- and even more creepy when one shows up after a year or so. :) It's nice you still have hope to make a match! :) Love ya!

Rooney's Little Musings said...

Maybe my single sock basket and yours could get together some time....

Heather said...

Oh yes, that sounds lovely. I'm sure they would enjoy getting out and making a match on their own! :o)