Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

You must be this tall to ride.

In my hunt for a new job, I came across a startling discovery concerning my apparent limitations. Perhaps I was going a bit over the top with my choice of new career paths, but desparate times call for desparate measures. My husband has always wanted me to work for Continental airlines so we can fly for free. This made no sense to me. I would take a $10000 pay cut so we could fly for free?

Anyhoo, I thought I'll at least look into it...what could it hurt? I love to travel, so the first thing I thought about was flight attendant. When I began to read the criteria I thought "this could be it for me!" Little was I expecting the slap in the face near the end of the list. "You must be at least 5 feet tall." I am NOT 5 feet tall...this was a bit upsetting.

I guess I can throw that career path out the window.

2 comments:

FressyJay said...

You will laugh... but I watched a show on Discovery Health about 5 years ago about a girl whose dream was to become a flight attendant.

She was only 4'8" and CHOSE TO UNDERGO BONE EXTENSION SURGERY to achieve her vertical dreams!!!

I couldn't believe it.... they went in, broke her thigh and shin bones, put in extention plates, and "grew her" about 6 inches.

SO all this is to say that it CAN be done.... but only if you're a little bit off your rocker.

HAHA!!!

Heather said...

Hmmm...I may consider this.