Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Quarter life crisis, part 2

I think I'm having another quarter life crisis. Or maybe it's just been going on for the past year...who knows. My job prospects are a little scarry. Not only am I applying for jobs in the teacher world again, but if that doesn't work out, I'm also sending my resume out to some really random jobs. I've been searching for the last 2 1/2 hours on hotjobs for anything that looks remotely promising. I've come up with an Export Coordinator for a trucking company (at least I think it's a trucking company...not really sure), and some kind of analyst for Anadarko. I think I'd rather have the latter, since it's only about 5 minutes from my house and right next to the mall! I've always secretly wanted to be one of those business people who have power lunches at Brio or Cheesecake Factory. But I digress...

Well I am selling Mary Kay now, but I would need to work my little Mary Kay ass off to bring in anything substantial right now. I'm just a Mary Kay baby.

I think I'm ready to get my corporate feet wet, though. That regulatory analyst position is looking pretty good right now.

4 comments:

crayonmommy said...

Not to burst your bubble, but, have you ever seen OFFICE SPACE>!?!?!?!??!

Jessi said...

Yes, that is my life. The other day someone asked me what a typical day for me was. My response:

"Well I generally zone out for about 15 minutes when I get to my desk. I'd say I actually do about 20 minutes of good, solid work."

Sad huh? Grass is always (trust me) greener.

Jenny said...

No fun! I agree though about the lunch thing. I would love a job where lunch lasted long enough to leave the building! By the way, I tried that famous Cheesecake Factory salad you were on about - WOW! = )

Heather said...

And I don't think a lot of non-teachers think about the lack of adult conversation either.

Isn't that salad yummy?!