Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Wishful thinking?

Weight: I don't know...I've put my scale AWAY!

I have been inspired by my sister to start running. And although I'm a terrible runner, I've still signed up to run a 5K in January. I figure I'd better start out small, so as not to overwhelm myself. I'm pretty easily overwhelmed, and 13.1 miles just sounds like a lot o' runnin. I've started out on the treadmill because it's just embarrassing how little I actually run. I'm also starting to get too dependent on movies getting me through a run, so I need to stop that pretty quick.

Oh, and speaking of embarrassing, there is no sports bra on this planet that can tame the girls! I think some day they might actaully knock me out. It's not a pretty picture having them jump for joy with every step I take. Just take my word for it. If anyone has any suggestions or tips, I'd be happy to try anything. Perhaps I should bind them with an Ace Bandage or duct tape...hmmm...

So here I sit in May with my wishful thinking for 8 months away with only one goal in mind...run the whole 5K without stopping. Pretty hefty goal for a hefty girl? I guess we'll see!

1 comments:

Jessi said...

I've inspired someone? Wow! 3 miles isn't bad. One day after running 10, you'll be like, "3 miles is nothing!" It's all perspective. Just take it one lap, one more corner, two more minutes at a time. That's all it takes.

Go for it!