Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Sunday, May 10, 2009

You call THAT a banquet?

Earlier this week my hubby tells me I was invited to their band banquet. I was SO excited! Again, like the last post, I though I could relive some of my past through Joe being a high school director. And again I was wrong.

Disappointment #1: It was at the school...in the cafeteria. Decorated nicely, but really. The cafeteria? Ours were always in the ballrooms of hotels. Maybe we were just spoiled.

Disappointment #2: Dinner was catered by Texas Roadhouse. Now, I love me some Roadhouse, but not for a banquet decorated in the style of mardi gras.

Disappointment #3: I had to sit at the head table which meant no playing with my iphone during the ceremony.

Disappointment #4: The "ceremony" took nearly 3 hours. Awards to be given, speeches to be made. I felt like I was at the academy awards...EVERY senior gave a speech.

Disappointment #5: Had to stay till the bitter end. Being the band directors wife, we couldn't very well leave early. We were the LAST to leave.

Disappointment #6: No dancing, no DJ, no photographer. Again, maybe we were spoiled.

That was 5 hours of my life I can't get back. Can you tell I was a little disappointed?

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I have to admit, WE did have the BEST banquets around. Good memories from those!

Jessi said...

Who cares what the place was decorated like, Roadhouse food!

And nobody would be watching you if every Senior was giving a speech. Iphone it up!

Ok, our Banquets were probably pimp compared to that one. But offer to help plan the next one. I love planning stuff like that!

Jenny said...

I think I'd have to agree with both Lindsay and Jessi!