Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Trip

For Thanksgiving this year, we thought we'd go visit Joe's mom in South Carolina. We had a blast. She sent us to Charleston for a couple nights to do some touring around. The first tour we did was a culinary tour. It wasn't really what I expected, but it was still pretty good. We started out in this hole in the wall cafe that shared it's building with a Lil Cricket conveinent store. I was skeptical. It was fantastic. The grits were better than any other restaurant we went to while there. We went to a couple candy stores, a chocolate shop, a bar-b-que restaurant, where I actually ate some collard greens...still don't like them though, then to a spice store, and then a kichen gadget store. I can't believe I didn't take a single picture on that tour, but there you have it. Again, not the tour I was expecting, but still good.

I think we probably ate every 2 hours we were there. They have the best restaurants. If you ever go, I highly recommend Hanks seafood. That might have been our favorite. I liked Magnolias too, but we both agreed Hanks was fantastic.


Some more fun times in Charleston.




We then made our way to Hilton Head Island.


Joe and his mom.



Riding bikes at the beach.




I tried to take a picture of Phil over my head from my bike. I'm not a very good shot.


Joe's mom and I even had time to go to Savannah.





So we had a pretty eventful Thanksgiving. I'm thinking we need to go again in the Spring to fully enjoy the East Coast.

1 comments:

Jenny said...

I may be a month late, but I saved this in my Google Reader inbox and finally had a chance to comment. I love the pictures. It looks like a great trip. I haven't been to SC, but it looks beautiful!

Merry Christmas!