Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Trick or Treat?

This will be my third Halloween in this house, and I must say I'm totally out of the spirit of Halloween thanks to where I live. We have absolutely NO trick-or-treaters in the neighborhood. Not that I'm complaining, the social retard that I am. I don't really mind not answering the door every 2 minutes to give candy to kids who will just end up eating it all for lunch tomorrow. I'm sure school nurses everywhere dread November 1st.

I suppose the lack of trick-or-treaters is due to the fact that we have not 1 but 2 sex offenders on my street...double whammy. This place just keeps getting better and better.

So now I sit here on my couch...no TV...no sounds at all, just me typing away on my computer. When did I get so boring and lose all childish enthusiasm for Halloween? Oh well. There's still Christmas. I think I'll be putting up my tree next weekend. It's obviously not too early. Stores have had their trees up for weeks!

2 comments:

crayonmommy said...

PUHLEASE! Go trick or treating with us next year. We shall revive your DEAD HALLOWEEN SOUL! :)

Jessi said...

Last year we got hit hard with all the cute kids and costumes. The best costume was some kid dressed as an umpa lumpa. Old school style! Scully was a horse and lunged at all the little kids. I think she was trying to get their candy.

Fast forward to this year and we had like 6 groups come through! We can only assume it's because of all the foreclosures on our street. Scully was a Bat this year and wore her wings. Everyone loved her as usual but I can't give her all this extra candy! Damn sub-prime neighborhood!