Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, March 3, 2008

Ya, I'm in a band.

When I tell people I'm in a Pep Band they think it's pretty lame, but that's okay...I think I'm one of the coolest people EVER! Alright, maybe not, but I don't think the band I'm in is lame. I get to go to all the Houston Texans home games for free, AND I get season tickets, AND I get to tailgate with all the crazy fans. It's a win/win/win situation. I'll add another win in there for all the free stuff we get too. We had our annual band banquet tonight, and for the first time I actually enjoyed it. It's not like the band banquets of olden days where we dressed in all our finery and had dates. No dates allowed, and you'll just look like an idiot if you dress too fancy. This year it was held at the Amazon Grill on Kirby. If you haven't been there, I would highly recommend it...and not just because all my food and booze was free. The tres leches they brought us was so good, but so small I joked with the waiter about wanting another one. About 10 minutes later, he put a BIG bowl of it in front of me! I was in tres leches heaven!

Anyhoo...

I'm all about getting free stuff, and the Houston Texans don't let me down! We got a gift bag with a Pep Band t-shirt (that's too small!), nice Texans travel mug, nice Texans pen, yet another pep band hat, a nice lether notebook thingy, and some other cool free stuff! So I would say all in all it was a good Monday night...had a few beers, got a nice buzz, let it wear off, got a lot of free stuff, had a good meal, then went home. Definitely the best Monday in a while.

3 comments:

Jessi said...

I bet Joe is jealous you got all that free stuff.

Let him use it and make sure to remind him EACH time that you got it for free.

Oh, and that you're in a pep band.

Heather said...

Joe could care less. He's not a fan. Pity.

Anonymous said...

Great work.