Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, April 21, 2008

Creative Cuisine

I've been getting very creative with my food lately, but it's almost always worth it. I experimented with these rice crispy treats, but instead of marshmellow I used peanut butter. These didn't turn out as expected, so they stayed in the fridge for the party we had tonight. And of course I never have a party without my frog's eye salad...but of course I had to veganize it. It actually turned out really good, but I forgot it was in the fridge and it barely got eaten! Oh well...more for me! But I think my masterpiece of the night was the chocolate cake. I had never made a cake from scratch before. I always thought they seemed kind of dry, but this one was so yummy, and so not dry! I hadn't had chocolate since starting my vegan trek, so this was a real treat for me. I think it was a pretty big hit. Should I tell them it had tofu in it? Nah. I had one small piece and thought I might actually vomit from being so happy. Okay, mabe it was the chocolate overload. And I am such a looser for not taking a picture of it! Well crap, I'll just have to make another one, considering the last one is all gone. I've really got to start taking pictures of these masterpieces.

3 comments:

Rooney's Little Musings said...

That cake was Freakin' AWESOME! So, so yummy!

Jenny said...

Okay, so please explain - frog's eye salad?

Heather said...

Oh, yummy frog's eye salad! "Frog's Eyes" are a small round pasta - Acini di Pepe. It's a fruit salad. Google it! It's soo yummy! And so was that cake! I need to make another...