Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Cows are ...not in my chili!

Ooooh honey, I made some awesome vegan chili tonight. I was in kind of a cooking mood for some reason. This is not the norm for me recently. I've had no urge to cook, but since going out to eat pretty much sucks for me, well...a girl's gotta eat! So anyhoo, I made this really kick butt black bean chili. At least I think it's kick butt, you may not. Even my meat-loving husband liked it, although he did mention the sacrilege of not putting meat in chili. Can you see me rolling my eyes?

Pictures are going to have to come later. The camera seems to be in hubby's truck. I don't know why he takes the camera everywhere he goes. I've found lots of stupid pictures on the camera of things like music stands, recording equipment from school, speakers, a piece of floor in the bandhall...I don't know why, I just have this violent urge to delete them all! Where did this tangent come from?...

Back to the chili. I totally made up the recipe. I had some black beans, some vegetable broth, and some tomato sauce, it just seemed like a good idea. There was of course some other stuff in it too, but I'll tell you when I post pics.

I'm also in the process of making some no-cream ice cream. I got this recipe out of my Vegetarian Times magazine. It's peanut butter ice cream, but I'll have to let you know how it is later...it's not ready. I'll make sure to take pictures of that too...mmmmm...ice cream.

0 comments: