Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Good times from elementary school

I really love my job this year. I get to act like a complete fool, and I'm loved for it. I get called beautiful every day by 5 and 6 year olds even when I'm feeling not so lovely. As long as you keep the little ones entertained, they keep the compliments coming. Sometimes I just have to laugh at some of the goofy stuff they say.

"My toe hurts."

"I have a loose tooth."

"I ate a pop tart for breakfast."

"My brother's 2, but I don't like him."

They feel the need to tell me whatever pops in their little minds at that moment in time. At which point I usually reply with the same thing. "Alright, thanks for that fascinating glimps into your life." Usually they just giggle and go away. I'm sure they have no idea what I just said.

I've also mastered the art of giving bribes for good behavior. Stickers are my vice. Don't think 5th graders won't do anything for a sticker...especially if it glows in the dark. The Dollar Tree has become my favorite store. It really is a teacher mecca. I don't really care if they love me because I give them stuff. I know how boring music class can be. They have to look forward to something...even if it is a Sponge Bob sparkly sticker I slap in their heads as they walk out the door.

2 comments:

Jessi said...

You're slapping kids on their heads?!?!

Go home and cook Joe dinner!

Heather said...

When he comes home before 9 pm, then I'll cook dinner.