Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Sunday, June 7, 2009

The last day

Oh the joys of being a teacher. Let's hear it for the next 2 1/2 months off! Technically Monday is my last day, but the kids went home Friday for the Summer. Just one more day to sit around and do nothing until the announcement is made to go home. Friday was pure chaos. 5th grade had their "graduation" ceremony. Me being Mrs. PTO, I had to serve cake, make punch, and be nice to people who were really just pissing me off. Our parents are lacking something called common courtesy, tact, politeness...I could go on.

Being a teacher I've learned so much about what NOT to do as a parent. I'll be SO ready when the time comes.

At the end of the school day Friday (which happened to be 11:30) all the teachers went out to the sidewalk to wave goodbye to the kids leaving on the bus. This seemed to be some kind of tradition. A kick line was started...songs were sung...and a huge cheer rang out as the last bus pulled out. I have no cord for my camera, so my camera is pretty useless right now. So I took a picture using my phone. You'll have to check my facebook to see that joyous occasion. :o)

0 comments: