Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, June 1, 2009

Field Day!

The last week of school has begun...field day! This was probably going to be the funnest day of the week. We saw Kindergarten and 1st grade today. It was a blast. I wish I could post pictures of the events, but I don't think that's really legal.

The first event was the relay run. I've never seen so many shoes flying off feet! Don't these kids know how to tie thier shoes? Oh wait...no, they don't. We had trees marked that the kids had to run around. I got to stand at one tree (with shade :o) and direct the kids around it. Many of these kids still don't understand much English, so that was hilarious to watch.

Second event was the potato sack race. Some of those little Kindergarteners were swallowed up in their sack! My favorite part was when they would fall down. Is that wrong?

Then it was off to the gym for some much needed air conditioning and some scooter relays. I laughed so hard I was crying on this one. Some kids really have no common sense. But those are the most entertaining.

Last even was back outside to the tug of war...class against class. Sometimes it just wasn't fair, so us teachers would give one team an extra pull. Every team ended up winning at least one tug. That's just the way we are these days. There are no losers anymore.

Every student was then awarded a bracelet and a popsicle for their efforts.

Two grade levels down...4 more to go!

0 comments: