Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Isn't college suppose to make you smarter?

Boy, I sure am glad I went to college for 6 years for my music degree. Just look how far I've come! I spend 10 hours a week teaching private lessons and the rest of my time studying medical terms and listening to doctors dictate things like gastrointestinal surgeries, history and physicals, and laboratory/pathology reports. It's going to take me longer to pay off my student loans than it took to decide to change careers.

Who the heck knows at 18 what they want to do for the rest of their lives? No pressure or anything! Music was all I knew how to do, so what do you think my choice was? Hmmmm...

Now 11 years after I've graduated high school, I think I know what I want to be. And you know what? I didn't need a college degree to do it. Too bad I can't give my degree back and ask for a refund. That would be AWESOME!

0 comments: