Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Head to the hills!

Even without TV, I know there's a hurricane coming. Hurricane Ike...almost to the middle of the alphabet already. Freakin' hurricanes. You could be a hermit and know it's coming. It's like Armageddon. Lines at the gas station, signs at the gas station saying "no more gas", the bumper to bumper traffic headed north, bread and water gone from every store in a 100 mile radius, and a lot of really bad drivers. This morning we heard there would be no school tomorrow. Well that was a shocker. I suppose the catagory 3 hurricane headed our way didn't tip us off.

Before the end of the day, those of us who lived far were told to go home at about 2:15. I didn't get home until a few minutes ago...about 2 hours to go 20 miles. I guess that's not bad considering with Rita I sat in traffic for 12 hours and went 5 miles. I didn't complain about my measly 2 hour drive home. But mom lives down by Galveston. I don't envy that drive if she decides to come up here. Not that my house is any safer...it's farther north, but built on wheels.

Is it just me, or does it seem like there are a lot more hurricanes forming every year? What the heck is going on? Oh well. Here's an extra day to get my house clean, and do lesson plans...yippee. Let's hope I have power while doing it.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I know those kind of days all too well. You have to live through it to really understand.

My mom is staying in Friendswood and Jason is going to be at the Fire Station. I'll be thinking about all of ya'll!

Stay safe!

Jessi said...

Doesn't Joe have a truck you could just hook up the house too and head for the hills?
heh