Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, June 6, 2008

You mean I'm suppose to have protein?!

I love it when I come across the concerned person who thinks being vegan is UNhealthy. "Where do you get your protein?....Are you getting enough protein?....It's not healthy to not eat protein." I don't think I've ever met a person in this world who suffered from a protein deficiency. Did you know 2 tablespoons of peanut butter has 8 g of protein? Or 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds has 19 g of protein?! Or 1/2 cup of tofu has 20 g of protein?! Or 1/2 cup of beans has 7-10 g of protein?! I don't think I'm going to die from lack of protein any time soon.

Another one in calcium. Well, I did have to start taking a calcium supplement, but not because I stopped eating dairy. It actually came to my attention, when I started researching how much of what we all need to be healthy, that we need 1000 mg of calcium daily. I wasn't even getting this before, so I decided to start taking the calcium (600 mg thank you very much). Problem solved.

Can you tell I've been confronted today about this?

0 comments: