Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First day of school

The first day of school came and went on Monday, but we (the Specials team) didn't have any kids that day. I felt pretty bad for those classroom teachers who had to be with their kids all day without a conference (or what we call a long lunch). Today was my real first day.

1st thing in the morning we have Kindergarten...oh, joy. I'm a pretty fast talker, so I really have to slow things down for Kinder, or it's buh-bye attention spans. Kinder is what I like to call The Animal. They have to be taught EVERYTHING! From where their feet go when they're standing or sitting, to how we don't talk out of turn (blurting), to where your eyes need to be when the teacher's talking...you know, stuff you tell your kids every year and wonder why they can't remember it. But it's all good now. Once I brought out the sparkly pencils to give out, they learned really quick what was appropriate. It's amazing what a little bribe will do!

This worked in pretty much all my classes. I love most of my Tuesday kiddos. Let's hope the rest of the week goes as smoothly.

2 comments:

crayonmommy said...

glad everything went good! :)

crayonmommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.