Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, August 1, 2008

The road to skinny

Losing weight has been a real eye-opening experience for me. I've realized a few things:
1. I CAN do it.
2. I feel better.
3. I look better.
4. I still LOVE food.

I decided last week that it was time to try on the wedding dress. This was the ultimate test. Now, I was still a chunky monkey at my wedding, but I'll take what little satisfaction I can get. It fit, and I was happy. I even did a little dance around my living room to celebrate since I happen to be alone. This is probably the only outfit in my closet that has survived since the wedding. Needless to say, my wardrobe is lacking in the smaller clothes department. Some days I really look sad. Frumpy shirts and shorts with a saggy butt. New clothes are not in the budget yet, so it's just going to have to do.

I've got about 35-40 pounds left to lose before I'm a skinny bitch, but I have faith in my system. I would put up a "before" picture, but I'll spare myself the embarassment. Those of you who know me can just picture it, I'm sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, you rock! you motivate me to keep going to the gym!!!

Anonymous said...

Keep going! You look incredible!