Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, August 7, 2008

The High Cost of Low Prices

The last few months have been months of change. Mostly they're changes that were better for me and for the environment. I went vegan, I only buy American gas, I use less plastic bags at the store, I got a reusable water bottle, and many other things I just can't think of right now. My new venture to save the world is boycotting Wal-Mart. Thanks to my friend, it was recommended I watch a sort of documentary on how Wal-Mart is destroying the world.

"The High Cost of Low Prices"

This is a must watch movie. I hated Wal-Mart before, but this just made me feel better about it. All "Mom and Pop" businesses in small towns are completely wiped out when Wal-Mart comes to town. It was very eye-opening. Low wages, high cost medical coverage, encouragement from management to take advantage of government hand outs, managers changing weekly hours to keep employees under 40, and factory conditions in other countries. I WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN. You shouldn't either. This company is evil! Most of the products from Wal-Mart are manufactured in China, yet I've seen commercials about how we should buy American and shop at Wal-Mart. LIES! I don't like liers. I'll gladly take my business where it's appreciated and needed. Go rent this movie!!!

2 comments:

crayonmommy said...

Hooray! Let's start the revolution and start with bringing down the Conroe Walmart!

Heather said...

That is the WORST Walmart EVER! I'm ready to close that sucka down!